Information

Last reviews

By Cynthia W. on 24 Sept. 2020 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : BOOKLET - The Cross and the Marijuana Leaf - SECONDS This was an excellant...

By Eleanor B. on 23 Sept. 2020 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : BOOKMARK - Hebrews 4:12 (C) I like it - nice to have...

(3/5) 

Product rated : Let There Be Light - SURPLUS Very interesting - quite a...

(4/5) 

Product rated : Laughter Calls Me Captivating story - stayed...

(4/5) 

Product rated : Stolen From My Arms Very captivating reading!
Christie's Old Organ View larger

Christie's Old Organ

COO

A Classic by Mrs. O. F. Walton

A little boy's journey to find a home of his own.

(First published in 1890)

More details

12 items in stock

$7.99

Customer ratings and reviews

(5/5)
1 rating(s) - 1 review(s)
View distribution

Save for later

Product Details

Pages: 176
Format Softbound
Age Group 7-12 years

Product Description

Christie is a street child. The one thing he wants most in the world is a home of his own. With Treffy, the Organ Grinder, he finds a place of peace and learns about Jesus.

Reviews

By on  13 Sept. 2020 (Christie's Old Organ) :
(5/5

Christie's Old Organ by O. F/ Walton

Christie's Old Organ is a classic you need to read to your children! How beautifully its author lays out the gospel. How clearly she paints the picture. The story centers round the organ-grinder old Treffy and his special friendship with young Christie who becomes his organ-boy.

Old Treffy and Christie have a question: "Where is Home, sweet Home" or heaven and how can they get there? Treffy, told by the doctor that he has a short time to live, sends Christie out to find the answer.

Soon thereafter Christie happens to hear two ladies talking about a nearby mission-room. There, declares Mrs. Smith, a Sunday night meeting is held where its young clergyman "puts it so plain."
"What's so plain?" queries Mrs. West. "Why all about heaven, Jesus, and how to get there!" replies Mrs. Smith.

Right there Christie had found a way to answer his and Treffy's question. With great anticipation Christie attended the mission-room meeting. There he is introduced to a hymn, "There Is a City Bright." Soon after both Christie and Treffy find more answers about the Savior "who can cleanse and save me."

At the end, at last "faultless and stainless" old Treffy goes home to that happy land. As for Christie- he goes on to become a beloved "scripture-reader" to his former Ivy Court neighbors. Did Christie ever find a "home sweet home" on earth? Read it to see!

Five stars are not enough to rate this beloved classic that's touched many a heart. May it touch your heart as well!

TAGS

30 other products in the same category:

Customers who bought this product also bought: