Information

Last reviews

By Ed E. on 25 Apr. 2024 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : BOOKLET - THE CHOSEN Series: 10 Critical Concerns I used this booklet as a...

By Arlene L. on 24 Apr. 2024 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : Wide Is The Gate PACK - ALL 3 DVDs I ordered Wide is The Gate...

By Arlene L. on 24 Apr. 2024 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : Mary Danielsen Booklet Pack I hear Mary speak on radio...

By Amy W. on 23 Apr. 2024 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : Faithful Friend - Gospel Tract (10 Pack) I wish to get as many of...

By Linda W. on 17 Apr. 2024 :

(5/5) 

Product rated : BOOKMARK - Psalm 31:15 (10-Pack) Great for a secret sister...
New Ben and Kit: A Story About Two Poor Children in London View larger

Ben and Kit: A Story About Two Poor Children in London

BN-KT

By Mary Emma Drewsen

Written in the sweet and sorrowful style of another era, you’ll be transported into a tale packed with the gospel and the story of a genuine love that speaks to every generation.

More details

18 items in stock

$6.95

Customer ratings and reviews

Nobody has posted a review yet
in this language

Save for later

Product Details

Pages: 100
Format Softbound
Age Group 8-12 years old

Product Description

Ben and Kit find themselves abandoned in Victorian London by a selfish mother who suddenly catches smallpox. The father, drunk and abusive, orders 9-year-old Ben to earn whatever money is needed to care for himself and 5-year-old Kit. Ben and Kit begin to discover two secrets that slowly unfold as they find enough to eat and survive.

Written in the sweet and sorrowful style of another era, you’ll be transported into a tale packed with the gospel and the story of a genuine love that speaks to every generation.

LT Reader Review:

The culture might be a little different, as well as the time period, but this beautiful and heartwarming story will keep the interest and offer many spiritual truths and vignettes of English life in the poverty so common at that time in London.   It sort of feels like something Dickens would have written, yet it includes a hearty helping of the gospel while leading one along with a delicate story of two children’s great need and of the hope they found in Christ.  Keys to the reading satisfaction are the gentle unfolding of situations and secrets and the types of characters appearing at the right times and places to be most interesting. Terri A.

Reviews

Be the first to write your review !

TAGS

26 other products in the same category:

Customers who bought this product also bought: